Starcraft 2 ESEN Open
Tournament is finished!
Starcraft 2 organized by ESEN esports!
The first part of the tournament starts 18:00 CET on Thursday 6 december.
- Check-ins start at 17:30 CET
- Check-ins end at 18:00 CET
- The bracket will be generated at 18:05 CET
The Semi Finals and the final Will be played 7 december
Semi final 1: 18:00
Semi final 2: 19:00
- 1st place: 70 Euros Kinguin's Gift Cards
- 2nd place: 30 Euros Kinguin's Gift Cards
- Single Elimination Bracket
- All matches are Best of 3, except for the semi finals & final which will be played Best of 5!
To enter the tournament, you need:
- To register an account on the platform [kingofnordic.com]
- To be playing on the European Server
Starcraft 2 : ESEN Open
This settlement is authority for ESEN’s Starcraft 2, organized by ESEN Studio. The members and leadership of the company have full powers to determine the conditions of application and interpretation as well as its modification, if circumstances so require. Any player or team participating at this tournament held by that regulation, or will have to face sanctions . This Regulation aims to both ensure and guarantee all participants a satisfying experience and respect of the healthiest sportsmanship.
The admins reserve the right to, at any time, remove or change the rules in this document, even during a tournament. All players are encouraged to read all the rules regularly.
In some cases, a problem may occur and not find an immediate solution in the regulation. In these cases, ESEN and their representatives will decide impartially and in a will to uphold sporting ethics above all other considerations
I. General Rules
All players must have read and understood these rules before entering the tournament. Not understanding or knowing the rules are not valid excuses for breaking them.
All players participating in this tournament must be a registered user on ESEN’s platform, https://kingofnordic.com. To be able to invite players to custom matches, you need to be able to find your opponent’s nickname. Therefore, we demand all participants to add their correct Nickname to their profile [In the description section]. All the players need to be registered on the European server [Europe]. If you do not meet these requirements, you won’t be allowed to participate.
Names [Teams and Players]
Offending team names and/or player nicknames will be edited or erased. Players will have to compete under their officially registered Battlenet Nickname [The one that you’ve added to your profile, in the description section] during all the matches
The tournament format is 1v1. If it comes to our knowledge that a team has been playing with a different player than the ones listed, the entire team will be disqualified.
Teams are responsible for their technical issues (hardware/internet). Matches will not be rescheduled because of technical issues, and matches will be played nevertheless. If the maximum pause time is exceeded, the game goes on, even if the problem is not solved yet..
To keep tournaments as efficient as possible, ESEN reserves the right to disqualify teams. This will only be done in cases where a team purposefully stalls or attempts to block another team. In some scenarios, both teams may be affected. Any team found to be using a known exploit will forfeit their game upon the first occurrence of the exploit. If the team is found to use another known exploit for the second time and it is determined to have been done on purpose, they will be removed from the event and barred from any future events.
II. 1v1 Rules
If a participant is not ready to play 15 minutes after the scheduled match time, please contact an admin through the discord channel.
All games must be played on the European Battle.net server.
Disconnection/ Lack of player
If a player disconnects in the middle of a match the match is forfeited.
Participants can choose to forfeit a match if they wish. Forfeiting will result in a loss.
Each team captain will be in charge of reporting the correct score on the match page. On top of that, a screenshot of all the scoreboards is requested, and need to be sent to your dedicated admin in PM [through Discord]. Protests will only be treated if screenshots are provided to the admins.
The latest official Patch version will be used throughout the tournament.
III. Match Rules
- Category = Melee
- Mode = 1v1
- Game Speed = Faster
- BO3, Semi final and Final is BO5
The player in the top of the bracket is always the player who starts to remove maps
In a best of X match, the player removes a map from the pool one by one until X maps are left. Then the players take turns picking the maps that are left, starting from the first map that will be played.
• Example: Player X and C play a best of 3 (bo3) match
• Top player in the bracket is determined to be the first to veto
• Player X removes Shakuras Plateau
• Player C removes Lost Temple
• Player X removes ICCup Testbug
• Player C removes Xel`Naga Caverns
• Re Pawn, Metalopolis and Scrap Station are left.
•Player X picks Re Pawn as the first map
• Player C picks Scrap Station as second map
• Metalopolis is played third
The decision of re-hosting a match can only be taken by an admin. Rehosting a game will only be possible if a ping issue or a disconnection occurs within the first minute of a match, and if no units have been killed. If a problem occurs after a the first blood, or later than 1 minute after the match has started, the game has to be played until its conclusion.
All match media (screenshots, demos, etc.) must be kept for at least 14 days. Faking or manipulating match media is forbidden and will result in disqualification and/or a ban. Match media should be named based on what it is..
Streaming and Casting
Personal Point of View streaming will be allowed. However, at some points, ESEN esports might decide to broadcast one or several games of the tournament. If such occurs, and if you want to continue to cast your point of view or merely cast the entire game itself, please reach out to an admin to find an agreement.
- Players may not chat in-game unless they are engaging in pre-game sportsmanship or surrendering the Game.
- The player in the top of the bracket must host the lobby. However, if a Match is broadcast, an observer will host all Games in the Match.
- Inviting someone to observe a Match without admins permission will result in a Warning.
- If a Player loses their connection to the Host during a Game, the Game must be replayed. If an observer loses their connection to the Game, but both Players remain in the Game, the Game must continue. The top Player in the bracket must play as the Red team and the lower player must play as the Blue team. If all Minerals on the Map have been consumed and no Units or Structures have been killed for 5 minutes, the Game will be replayed.
- After every game, both players must save the replay of the game.
- If a player must pause the game due to technical difficulties the player must if possible tell the opponent about this before pausing. After pausing the player must let an administrator know